- Anesthesia: A full array of the safest anesthetic agents is routinely used during surgery. We do pre-surgical evaluation and blood work. All patients undergoing major procedures are constantly monitored.
- Dentistry: Prophylactic cleaning of teeth will prevent gum disease, halitosis (bad breath), tooth loss and serious infection in the liver, heart and kidneys.
- Immunization Programs: Vaccination is the main weapon against such diseases as distemper, hepatitis, rabies, parvovirus, upper respiratory infection and feline leukemia. Each individual pet’s risk factors will be evaluated to determine which immunizations are necessary.
- Internal medicine: Patient receives care in all areas of internal medicine from dermatology to urology. Diagnostic equipment is on hand to assist the veterinarians in making a diagnosis. We also have an ultrasound specialist and cardiology telemedicine available when appropriate. For special intensive internal or surgical cases we offer referral to nearby veterinary specialists.
- Microchip Identification: We can now painlessly provide your dog or cat with a tiny microchip for permanent identification. This allows them to be scanned and more easily reunited with your family if they are lost or stolen.
- Pain Management: Managing your pet’s pain is an important part of our commitment to your pet’s health. Pain management helps your pet feel better more quickly and may prevent adverse medical consequences associated with uncontrolled pain. We assess each patient’s pain individually and administer analgesic (pain relieving) medication as necessary to assure you pet is as comfortable as possible.
- Parasite Prevention: Intestinal parasites are common problems for pets in congested urban areas. Effective procedures for the detection, treatment and prevention of these parasites as well as external parasites (fleas, ticks, and mange) are utilized.
- Medications: We carry a complete inventory of the latest medications as well as prescription diets from Hills, Royal Canin, and Iams.
- Radiology: We have the most advanced digital X-Ray system to more accurately and quickly diagnose your pets’ health concerns.
- Senior Health Profiles: This helps identify potential liver, kidney, cardiac, and endocrine problems before they can becomes serious.
- Surgery: The hospital has a fully equipped surgical suite. Major surgical procedures are performed in this area. A thoroughly trained nursing staff assists the veterinarians.
- Hospitalization: We try to treat pets as out-patients when possible. However we also offer outpatient hospitalization for some pets that require more intensive care and monitoring. These critical patients may need to be transferred to a critical care facility when we are closed.
- Laboratory Evaluation: Although some lab work is performed on premises, we send most to a state of the art veterinary laboratory for evaluation. This allows us contact with numerous veterinary specialists concerning your pet’s laboratory results.